Our technicians are some of the best in the business. When you need a maintenance service or your HVAC system replaced, there’s no one better for product quality and fair pricing. That said, there are some problems you can solve without our help. Like saving money this winter on your monthly energy bills, all you need is a little common sense. Here are some simple tips to give a try:
- Bundle up! You can keep the house a few degrees cooler by wearing warmer clothes inside. We suggest cozy blankets, slippers, and a sweatshirt.
- Turn the heat down when no one is home. Setting the thermostat to 60-65 while you’re away saves money and means you don’t heat an empty house.
- Place a space heater in the room you are using. This will take the nip out of the air without heating the rest of your home.
- Pick up some caulk or silicone from the hardware store and fill any cracks in doors, windows, basement floors and walls. Heat escapes quickly through cracks and the small ones you see can add up!
- Put weather stripping around windows and doors. You’d be surprised how the seals around your doors and windows can deteriorate over time.
- Cover the attic entry with old blankets, weather stripping, plastic, etc. Anything will help slow down the warm air from floating away through your roof.